12 Ways to Use Cucumber for Your Skin
- Wash, peel, and slice a cucumber and add to a pan with enough water to cover the cucumber pieces.
- Heat over a low flame for roughly 5-7 minutes before transferring the contents to a blender or food processor and blending until smooth.
- From there, pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve or squeeze with a cheesecloth to remove any unblended pieces.
- Transfer the remaining liquid to a spray bottle or other sterilized container.
- Feel free to add a teaspoon of rose water or witch hazel to amplify the hydrating and healing mixture.
3. Make a cucumber mask to help with irritated and acne-prone skin
Cucumber is also extremely beneficial to those with irritated and acne-prone skin. Infuse the soothing ingredients of cucumber water with bentonite clay to create a mask that can protect against skin irritation and swelling.
For acne-prone skin,cucumber juice can help dilute potent essential oils like tea tree oil. This way you can fight breakouts without drying out or stinging your skin. Cucumber can also be rubbed directly on the skin, over acne spots, or even put under a sheet mask while waiting.
4. Wash your face with cucumber water
For a simple morning wash, mix cucumber water with other beneficial ingredients like aloe vera, green tea, or castile soap. (Plus, if your tap water source is questionable, cucumber water may be a good swap.)
You can also splash your face with cucumber water to feel refreshed and awake at any time of day.
5. Create a DIY cucumber body lotion
Creating your own cucumber-based body lotion is quick and easy. Take your regular DIY lotion recipe and instead of normal water, use cucumber water.
6. Relax with a hydrating cucumber mask
Since cucumber is 96 percent water, you can mix it with other natural ingredients to create a mask that helps to exfoliate the skin and soak up cucumber’s soothing qualities.
Use kitchen leftovers: A mixture of cucumber, honey, and yogurt combine to create a hydrating and delicious-smelling mask. Feel free to get creative, adding ingredients like oats to the mix for calming and exfoliating properties.
7. Eat, drink, and stir in your skin care
Water is something your body needs to perform vital functions — from regulating temperature to maintaining a healthy digestive system — so adding sliced cucumber to the water you drink is an amazing way to hydrate. Especially if you’re not fond of the taste of plain water.
Want to get straight to the chase and not worry about your DIY treatments growing mold? Try professionally-formulated products instead. You’ll find it labeled as the ingredient “cucumis sativus.”
And if your skin really drinks up cucumber, make sure it’s one of the first few ingredients on the list. This increases the likelihood of potency.